-The teaching program is based on the one used for the last fifteen courses and will be recognized as 15 ECTS Bolonia credits. New professors from Japan, USA, France, United Kingdom, etc have been incorporated in the program
-The price, because it is an on-line edition has been reduced to 980 euros
The registration will be made in October through an on-line program of the University of Barcelona that will be provided for students. In September, the secretary of postgraduate course will be in contact with the students preregistered and approved for the course with the instructions for the completion of registration.
The payment should be made in full, 15 days after the registration.
UNIVERSITY EXPERT (DEGREE ADPATED TO BOLONIA PLAN)
PROGRAM COURS XXª 2016-2017
Introduction. Presentation. Mental Health and migration from community, mental health and anthropological medicine perspectives
PART I. STRESS AND MIGRATORY MOURNING. RISK FACTORS OF MIGRATION ON MENTAL HEALTH
1. Concepts of stress and mourning. Biological, cognitive, cultural and psychosocial perspective
2. Specific characteristics of stress and migratory mourning
3. Risk factors of migration on mental health
4. Resilience and migration
5. Extreme stressors and mental health in 21st century migration .Vulnerability and mental illness in migration. Social exclusion and mental health.
PART II. MENTAL HEALTH AND MENTAL DISORER IN MIGRATION
1.Migration and health. Medical illness more common in migrants
2 Migration and mental health. Epidemiologycal perspective. Sociodemografic variables and migration
3. Psychopathology and migration. General concepts
4. Psychosis on inmigrants
5. Affective dissorders, Adjustment disoordes
6. Anxiety disorder. Another pathologies
7. Controversies around the Cultural Bound Syndromes: Dhat, Koro, Latha,Nerviso, Windigo…
8. Migration on extreme situation and mental mental health. Post traumatic stress disorder. The Immigrant Syndrome with chronic and multiple Stress (The Ulysess Syndrome)
9. Mental disoders on children and adolescents.
PART III. ASSESMENT
1.Differential diagnosis of stress, mourning and mental disorder on migration
2. Basic concepts son trasncultural assesment
3. Scales that asses risk factor son mental health in migration.
PART IV. INTERVENTION IN THE AREA OR MENTAL HEALTH
1.Programs on mental health for immigrants.
2. Basic characteristics of mental health interventions in immigrants, minorities and social excluded.
3. Psychotherapeutic interventions.
4. Psychoeducatives interventions
5. Cultural competence
6. Commnity nterventions.
7. Utilization of internet and new technologies
PART V. RESEARCH AND ETHICS.
1. Basics ideas about research
2. Ethical aspects.
For the management of registrations please contact Mr. Andreu Puig firstname.lastname@example.org
-For every consultation related to the program you can contact in this e-mail:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Also in this telephone number: 0034-609063433
Joseba Achotegui (Universidad de Barcelona)